The Greater Houston Society for Healthcare Risk Management (“GHSHRM”) was established in 1985 by a group of like-minded professionals in the healthcare arenas of insurance, risk management and litigation defense. Determined to minimize the potential liability of healthcare providers and to promote professional knowledge, GHSHRM incorporated in 1986 and became an independent chapter of the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (“ASHRM”). By doing so, GHSHRM’s original leaders created a platform to exchange ideas and information on healthcare risk management issues through networking, educational programs and bi-monthly meetings. These visionary efforts continue on today.
GHSHRM’s mission is to promote cooperation and networking among healthcare risk management professionals to further the development and awareness of our professional areas of practice, advance patient safety, mitigate risk and promote predictability in the healthcare setting with an eye on value and costs. GHSHRM’s mission mirrors that of ASHRM’s, and these global goals have remained at the forefront of our work since 1985. Find ASHRM’s Mission Statement here.
GHSHRM welcomes new members whose professional responsibilities and participation involve healthcare risk management. Membership is contingent upon approval by the Board of Directors.Take a moment to review our Committees and join GHSHRM today!
There are many benefits to joining GHSHRM:
- Networking with others in the healthcare arena, including Risk Managers, healthcare attorneys and insurance professionals
- Access to an on-line directory of member information
- Discounts for the bimonthly luncheons and the annual GHSHRM Education Day
- On-line resources available to keep up to date on relevant healthcare issues relating to patient safety and risk management
- Recognition within the Greater Houston Risk Management community
- Opportunity to brainstorm with other healthcare risk management professionals about solving problems related to patient care and risk management
- Scholarships to attend ASHRM National Conference
Annual Membership Dues: $75.00 per member.
If you wish to pay by check:
Include a check payable to GHSHRM - $75.00
Mail application to:
PO BOX 3063
Houston, TX 77523